We want to follow the example of Jesus in all areas of our lives. Jesus invested everything as he laid down his life for the church, and in the same way we want to invest what we have in order to build and strengthen the church. For many of us this means investing our time in different areas of church life.
This also means investing our finances. The Bible has a lot to say about the way we handle money. We give simply because Jesus calls us to give. It’s a basic part of being a Christian and being committed to a local church. The starting point is normally a tenth of our income - this is known as a ‘tithe’. The Bible lays down some helpful guidelines (e.g. 1 Corinthians 16 and 2 Corinthians 9):
- Freely – cheerfully and not under compulsion.
- Regularly – each week or month.
- Proportionally – according to our income.
- Locally – our primary commitment is to the local church.
- Sacrificially – trusting God to supply all our needs.
You can also give online at any time by clicking here (Note: this like will re-direct you our giving page hosted by BT Donate)
Got a question?
If you have any questions, please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.