If you browse and use our website or our area of ChurchSuite, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern the church’s relationship with you. If you disagree with any part of this policy please do not provide personal information and do not use our website or our area of ChurchSuite.
This policy explains how the church and the website comply with the DPA (Data Protection Act), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25 May 2018, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
By providing your personal details you agree to allow the church to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message in connection with its charitable purposes, either on the basis of the consents you have given us or for our legitimate interests in accordance with current data protection regulations.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information each time you are in contact with us. For example, when you:
- visit our website;
- register your details and your family details, using TheCity or Church Suite;
- make a donation, by completion of giving forms, via our website or electronic means;
- register for a conference or other church event;
- provide your contact details, in writing or orally, to church staff or volunteers;
- purchase goods or services, including when you provide credit or debit card details;
- when you attend church services or participate in other church activities;
- communicate with the church by means such as email, letter, telephone;
- face to face meetings with staff and volunteers;
- access social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram
Mosaic Church does not hold any debit or credit card details for donations/payments made via our websites or through external event sites such as ‘eventbrite’. All card payments are handled by service providers who encrypt card information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- to keep you informed about church services, activities, resources and conferences;
- to establish and maintain your involvement with the church, including events you have attended, what areas and activities of the church you have supported, record any donation;
- to answer an inquiry or request for further information or complaint about the church, its gatherings, activities and events;
- to register you for events and conferences;
- to assist us to make the church website, services and products more valuable to our community;
- for the promotion of the ongoing work of the church and to inform you of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
- to improve our general ability to assist church members and the wider community;
- to assist the church and associated Catalyst churches with management of issues relating to the church.
Sensitive Personal Information
Mosaic Church may collect and store sensitive personal information such as health information, religious information and when you and/or your family attend church events and conferences. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will never share any information we hold about you to others without your prior consent unless one of the following exceptions apply. We may disclose information we hold about you:
- If it is necessary for law enforcement or similar purposes;
- As a necessary part of providing you with our service(s) or contacting you - for example, by using a third party mailing house to process our communications;
- As a necessary part of ensuring we comply with our legal obligations as a data controller - for example, by using a third party to migrate data or ensure it is accurate and up-to-date;
- We may collect information that you make available on, for example, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin or similar organisations. You may wish to check their privacy notice to find out more information on how they will process your data.
SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
Mosaic Church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information, which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information, held electronically, is stored in a secure server or secure files. We take security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
KEEPING DETAILS UP TO DATE
Please tell us as soon as any of your contact details change so that we can keep our records up to date. You can change the way we contact you, or the kind of material we send you, at any time by contacting us by mail or email using the contact details below.
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails or texts at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ links on the email or texts you have received.
If you register with TheCity or ChurchSuite you should personally log-on and update your contact details.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. To do this, you should write to Mosaic Church on the address below. There is no charge involved for requesting this data. It will help us to process your request if you can be specific about what information you require, otherwise, we may need to contact you again to clarify this. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving the written request. You have the right to request that we update or correct any information we hold about you. Please contact us using the details below to let us know what needs correcting.
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook, Twitter and Google have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
This website may also include links to other websites. Links provided by the church are for your convenience to provide further information.
We use websites such as Vimeo and YouTube to embed videos on our website, service providers such as MailChimp and Google Analytics and you may be sent cookies from them via our site. Please look at the cookie and privacy policies on these third-party sites if you want more information about this.
This website may also contain sponsored links and adverts. These may typically be through related Catalyst Churches, partner ministries or service providers, who may have their own detailed privacy policies. Unless it is material supplied or posted by the church we do not endorse the website(s) and have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) nor for the cookies they may contain.
Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links.
The church uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and You-Tube. Users must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
Our website may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing our web content directly to a social media, platform. Use of such buttons is at your own risk.
Unless it is material supplied or officially posted by the church we do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content nor for the cookies they may contain.
The church does not ask for passwords nor personal details on social media.
Any documents or files made available to download from our website are provided at users own risk.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. Where any of the copyright items on this site are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Mosaic Church has tried to ensure that all information provided through this website is correct at the time it was included. We apologise for any errors. We therefore do not guarantee the accuracy of these pages and any visitor using information contained in them does so entirely at their own risk.
Telephoning +44 (0) 113 2453286,
Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Writing to The Data Protection Lead, Mosaic Church, Mill 5 Ground Floor, Mabgate Mills, Mabgate, Leeds, LS9 7DZ.
Mosaic Church is a Christian Church affiliated to Newfrontiers and a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under No. 05524901
Mill 5 Ground Floor
Updated October 2018
Got a question?
If you have any questions, please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.